Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word 5-8

Daily Dose of God's Word For 5-8

Memory Verse: And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18


Affirming Trinity's Work in Salvation

The beautiful unity and power of the Trinity working together: in our salvation  1 Peter 1:1,2

These verses mention all three members of the Trinity: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit. All members of the Trinity work to bring about our salvation. The Father chose us before we chose him (Ephesians 1:4). Jesus Christ, the Son, died for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:6-10). The Holy Spirit brings us the benefits of salvation and sets us apart (sanctifies us) for God’s service (2 Thessalonians 2:13).


Tyndale. Life Application Study Bible NIV (Kindle Locations 203277-203279). Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Kindle Edition. 


Lord, I am open to the Holy Spirit. Come to me, 

dwell in me, speak to me so I may become 

more like Christ. Lord, give me the courage to be open.

Lord, I am open to the Holy Spirit. Come, Holy Spirit. Amen.

McKnight, Scot. Open to the Spirit (p. xvii). 
The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

No comments: