Sunday, May 5, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word 5-5

Daily Dose of God's Word 5-5

Memory Verse: And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18


God has a plural personality.

In Genesis 1:1, the Hebrew word for God is Elohim – a plural word.

Genesis 1.26 says, “Let us make man in our image” – again, the 

plural. The Hebrew word “yachid” means an absolute one, while 

“achid” means a unified one.  In Deuteronomy 6:4-5, the word God is 

“Elohim” (plural) and one is “achid.”

In the New Testament, see Matthew 1:18-23; 3:16-17; 28:19; John 

15:26; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 2:18, 21-22.


Lord, I am open to the Holy Spirit. Come to me, 

dwell in me, speak to me so I may become 

more like Christ. Lord, give me the courage to be open.

Lord, I am open to the Holy Spirit. Come, Holy Spirit. Amen.

McKnight, Scot. Open to the Spirit (p. xvii). 
The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition. 


No comments: