Friday, June 18, 2021

The Daily Dose of God June 18

Memory Verse; For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23


Proverbs 11


All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone. Blaise Pascal, Pensées


Father God, You have brought to my mind today the interplay between monotony and faithfulness. Every day has its nuances and some days are very different, but generally, my days are very similar. It is easy to become uninspired by the routine. I have relationships where I want to be inspirational and spiritually influential, but most days it seems like I’m not getting anywhere. Today You reminded me that ‘faithfulness’ is the inspiring label that I put on the monotonous, every day, and routine. Tony Evans explains this as knocking down a cinder block wall. You hit it and hit it and hit it over and over seemingly getting nowhere...but then you see that first little crack. Cinder block walls only come down by faithfulness to swing that sledgehammer as many times as it takes. Holy Spirit, help me to be faithful to swing my hammer through the monotonous and routine as long as it takes...even if it is until I see You face to face. With a grateful heart, I ask this in Jesus’ name...Amen #myprayertoday #chrisstovallprayers

No comments: