Tuesday, October 14, 2014

ROPE

Snippet
“But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill 

himself.”  Albert Camus

Scripture
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of 

the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, 

because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12

Song 
End of my Rope SPZRKT (@DevinTurner_ )


(Hook) And there is no light out Even when I feel like I’ve done all I can You will lend your hand With my hope renewed I now You’re there Even when I’m at the end of my rope 

(Verse) I tried to take my life twice Self esteem was something like black ice You ever been that low? When I was 12 years old, my life was a joke Wrapped the cord round my neck slow Started squeezin’ till I heard the Lord I can’t explain what He sound like It was a NO and I was precious in his holy sight Dropped the chord on the floor, on my knees prayin’ No idea God’s plans, ? baby Marbles down the hall, she ain’t know Tryna hate myself, I ain’t one to live, no I thought I had no reason to live A social outkast, thinkin’ death can help him pass All the pain can be gone so fast Tears down my face, God gave me hope that’ll last 

(Hook) And there is no light out Even when I feel like I’ve done all I can You will lend your hand With my hope renewed I now You’re there Even when I’m at the end of my rope 

(Verse 2) I just wanted to die, I can’t deny My life was a mess, bullies and stress Feel like dad looked up more to me Class mate picked on emboldened me Small and skinny dude with the glasses No fast ascent, tryna ace classes I was small like Nemo And all these sharks lurkin’, I’m a fish and they starvin’ tho I gotta leave this planet cuz this life I dammit At the end of this rope and don’t nobody care if I, nah, it’s time to end it They ain’t gon’ miss nobody, grab a tissue Then I got this piece inside tho Must be that voice of God, I ain’t lie tho She told me in dark times to call His name I prayed He gave me piece of mind through the pain And nothing was the same after I was in dark chains until the Master Gave me hope, I was hopeless in these dark times Then I got connected to the source of life [...] Don’t take yo own life, give it to Christ, cuz He can heal! 

(Hook) And there is no light out Even when I feel like I’ve done all 
I can You will lend your hand With my hope renewed I now You’re there Even when I’m at the end of my rope

Sentence Prayer
Lord, I come before You with a heavy heart. I feel so much and 

yet sometimes I feel nothing at all. I don't know where to turn, 

who to talk to, or how to deal with the things going on in my life. 

You see everything, Lord. You know everything, Lord. Yet when I 

seek you it is so hard to feel You here with me. Lord, help me 

through this. I don't see any other way to get out of this. There is 

no light at the end of my tunnel, yet everyone says You can show 

it to me. Lord, help me find that light. Let it be Your light. Give 

me someone to help. Let me feel You with me. Lord, let me see 

what You provide and see an alternative to taking my life. Let me 

feel Your blessings and comfort. Amen.



No comments: