Saturday, April 20, 2013

OUTLAW


Snippet

Just 21 Riding in to Coffeyville
Away from Marshall Heck
To beat anything Jesse James ever did
We Grabbed three fat bankers at the first
When the Shots came ringing out!
Daltons came riding in
And the defenders
Mowed them Down

Running out the back with the money in hand
I made it to my sorrel
I Felt a burning in my hip, as I bent to pick up Bob
Old Man Seaman blasted me out of the Saddle
When all was quiet there was 23 new holes in my suit
They wanted to hang old Em, but Doc Wells bravely Said no
Dalton Came riding in
The Defender Mowed Him Down
Judgement came and the sentence
Was life without Parole in Leavenworth
Defender Came riding in,
And Dalton raised to New Life

They handed me a pair of Scissors, learned to be a man of  the cloth
Found my knees in my four walls
And a New life, that set me free from the bars.
14 years Later and a shoulder that never healed
I was headed back to Kingfisher to see my lover and mother
Defender Came riding in,
And Dalton raised to
New Life

The beginnings were small a night clerk a tailor shop
There were talks on the hard trail I had ridden, they were even written down
I bought some property and my nightmare came alive in Hollywood

To me ” said Dalton, “the word ‘outlaw’ is a living coal of fire The past to me is a tragedy shrouded in bitter memories I was young and foolish, and association with men of adventurous proclivities eventually resulted in imprisonment And how many men can conceive what it means to languish in prison? But I learned much in my lonely cell I have learned to hope in a divinity, that a surplus of energy and determination will conquer every weakness. Emmitt Dalton The Washington Post, April 19, 1908: Aug. 27, 1936: Emmett is baptized at the Angelus Temple, Los Angeles.    Defender by Roger Miller

Scripture

Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him there, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”[c] And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.
35 The people stood watching, and the rulers even sneered at him. They said, “He saved others; let him save himself if he is God’s Messiah, the Chosen One.”
36 The soldiers also came up and mocked him. They offered him wine vinegar 37 and said, “If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself.”
38 There was a written notice above him, which read: this is the king of the jews.
39 One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Messiah? Save yourself and us!”
40 But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? 41 We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.”
42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.[d]”
43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”  Luke 23:32-43 NIV

Song
Son of Eli Crow by Barry Ward
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MmlrOpcoAc

Sentence Prayer

Almighty God, I am justly being punished for my sins.  I am trusting your justice is satisfied in the Death of Jesus on the cross that you may justify my forgiveness.  Holy Spirit seal me forever in your redemptive love.  Amen!



No comments: