Sunday, May 12, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word May 12

Daily Dose of God's Word May 12

Memory Verse: And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Cor 3:18

Read Psalms 91:1-4

Happy Mothers Day!  Is God male or female?  He is spirit!  True,

most of the language he uses to reveal Himself is masculine in

nature.  But, he also uses several word pictures that describe

God as a mother bird protecting her chicks.

God is your shelter.  A refuge more secure than even mothers

love.  By seeking His protection and His word, we will be kept

safe.

Lord, I am open to the Holy Spirit. Come to me,

dwell in me, speak to me so I may become

more like Christ. Lord, give me the courage to be open.

Lord, I am open to the Holy Spirit. Come, Holy Spirit. Amen.

McKnight, Scot. Open to the Spirit (p. xvii).
The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

No comments: