Monday, August 11, 2014

HIDE AND SEEK

Snippet
When you start hiding things away, that's when the darkness creeps up. Sunlight is 
the best disinfectant. Steve Kazee

Scripture
The word of the Lord came to Jonah son of Amittai: 2 “Go to the great city of 
Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”
But Jonah ran away from the Lord and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, 
where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard 
and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the Lord. Jonah 1:1-3 NIV

Song
Here and There The City Harmonic
http://youtu.be/7IfdwjRvESA

Heart beat, little heart
There You are, there You are
I came kicking, I came screaming:
I was so used to the dark
You whispered “light” and lit a spark
And there You are, there You are
I’ve been living, I’ve been dying
And Your heart beats ever on
You were
You are
You are 
To come
If I’m barely hanging on:
Here You are, here You are
I come crawling, I come running:
Here You are with open arms
No, my heart’s not giving up
Here You are, here You are
You’ve been living in my dying
Now I’m dying for Your heart
You were
You are
You are 
To come [x2]
My heart is like Pandora’s Box
With just a crack it’s opened up
To beat anew when all is lost
To run, crawl, come home.
You are to come
Here and There

Sentence Prayer

There are lumps under our carpet
That the vacumn won’t vanquish.
There are cats tied in bags
Would be off like  a flash.
Skeletons in the cupboards
Tap tap on the doors.
There is nothing hidden 
But that’s going to get out,
So let’s get over with, God.
Silence
There’s a pile at the foot of the cross
Of the things we could without.
Make us glad we brought them to you,
Who carries away the sins of the world,
And grant in their place 
Pardon and grace
And your call to be following always.  Amen

(The Pattern of our Days worship in the celtic tradition from the Iona community Pg 111)

No comments: