Thursday, October 17, 2013

HUNTING

Snippet

“For us hunting wasn’t a sport. It was a way to be intimate with nature, that intimacy providing us with wild unprocessed food free from pesticides and hormones and with the bonus of having been produced without the addition of great quantities of fossil fuel. In addition, hunting provided us with an ever scarcer relationship in a world of cities, factory farms, and agribusiness, direct responsibility for taking the lives that sustained us. Lives that even vegans indirectly take as the growing and harvesting of organic produce kills deer, birds, snakes, rodents, and insects. We lived close to the animals we ate. We knew their habits and that knowledge deepened our thanks to them and the land that made them.” ― Ted Kerasote, Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog

Scripture

Isaac said, “I am now an old man and don’t know the day of my death. 3 Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Prepare me the kind of tasty food I like and bring it to me to eat, so that I may give you my blessing before I die. Genesis 27:2-4

Song
Buck Fever Tony Young
http://www.reverbnation.com/tonyyoungband

Been fishin’ for months, and out on the lake
But kids are back in school, ain’t much longer to wait
I done put my ol’ bass boat up, for the year
Got the Packers playin’ on my TV
That means it won’t be long now till I’m up in a tree
I’m gonna try an lay the smack down, on that deer
Cause it’s been a long hot summer, I’m ready for fall
To get in the woods and give it my all
Somebody call a doctor, I got Buck Fever
Time to break out the bow, get ready my gun
Me and the boys are gonna have some fun
Hey honey tell the boss man, I got Buck Fever
I got it oh so bad . . . Buck Fever
Well there ain’t nothin’ like, being out in the woods
Lookin’ over a green field, sho is good
And justa hopin’ and prayin’ that he will, pass my way
But if he ever does, if I know me
He’ll have me shakin’ so bad, like a leaf on a tree
I’m gonna do everything I can, to wreck his day
Well you know you got it bad, when you can’t catch your breath
And your heart’s beatin’ plum straight outta your chest
It’s the best dang high that I’ve ever felt

Sentence Prayer

I have killed the deer.
I have crushed the grasshopper.
And the plants he feeds upon.
I have taken fish from the water.
And birds from the sky.
In my life I have needed death
So that my life can be.
When I die I must give life
To what has nourished me.
The earth receives my body
And gives it to the plants
And to the caterpillars
To the birds
And to the coyotes
Each in its own turn so that
The circle of life is never broken.


This Prayer was taken from- See more at: http://www.blackhawkproductions.com/poetrynative.htm#sthash.Km8ct4Kx.dpuf

No comments: