Sunday, August 10, 2014

CAPTURED

Snippet
The Bible tells one story and points to one figure. It narrates how God rescues His 
world that we wrecked, and exalts Christ as the One who accomplishes the rescue. 
In the Old Testament God revealed Himself through types and shadows, promises 
and prophecies. In the New Testament God reveals Himself in Christ, who is the 
substance of every shadow and the fulfillment of every promise and prophecy. The 
Old Testament predicts God’s Rescuer; the New Testament presents God’s Rescuer. 
Therefore, the whole Bible – both the Old and New Testaments – is all about God’s 
Rescuer. Tullian Tchividjian
Scripture
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves 
has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, 
because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one 
and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that 
we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our 
sins. 1 John 4:7-10 NIV

Song
Captured Digital Age
Love 
You've captured me again 
Love 
You steal my heart 
And oh when I reach out 
You're always there 
You've captured me again 
Oh God 
You steal my heart 
And oh when I reach out 
You're always there 
Cause love has come to rescue me 
Your love has come to set me free 
Your love, love is all I need 
Your love 
Hey! 
Love 
You've captured me again 
Oh my God 
You steal my heart 
And oh when I cry out 
You're always there 
Cause love has come to rescue me 
Your love has come to set me free 
Your love, love is all I need 
Your love 
Your love has come to rescue me 
Your love has come to set me free 
Your love, love is all I need 
Your love 
I've never felt more found 
Than when I'm lost in you 
My head may spin around 
Like the stars of the night sky do 
Your love has come to rescue me 
Your love has come to set me free 
Your love, love is all I need 
Your love 
Your love has come to rescue me 
Your love has come to set me free 
Your love, love is all I need 
Your love 
Your love has come to rescue me 
Your love has come to set me free 
Your love, love is all I need 
Your love
Sentence Prayer
Jesus my great Rescuer; 
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, 
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.
If I succeed, I will give thanks.
If I fail, I will seek Your grace.
And then, when this day is done,

I will place my head on my pillow and rest.  Amen

No comments: