Saturday, March 22, 2014

RED

Snippet

In the souls of the people the grapes of wrath are filling and growing heavy, growing heavy for the vintage. John Steinbeck

Scripture

The bloodthirsty hate him that is perfect; And as for the upright, they seek his life.  A fool uttereth all his anger; But a wise man keepeth it back and stilleth it. Proverbs 29:10,11 ASV

Song
Red by Rhema Soul

Intro:
Red communicates passion emergency, urgency,
it’s the ailment and the cure and this is what we see.

Verse 1:
I see blood, I see pain I see
Hate pointed and aimed at me,
I see IC rooms with the hurt and the lame and the 
weak and they filled to the peak,
I see suicide genocide,
And its all televised, even wit my better eye (I) see
red letters, red signs,
Heads lining these red times

Verse 2:
Too much chat nobody moving
Everybody got a comment on you
when you make make a move no time to lose people 
all around are hurting, bruised
break these walls charge me to go
They asked who will send me I'll go
No hesitation, history in the making
this generation we ready to blow

Chorus: 2x
Sound the alarm Turn Up Your radio Sound the alarm 
Turn upyour radio Got me
seeing red Got me
seeing red Got me seeing red Got me seeing red

Verse 3:
I watch the world as it fades to red
And my eyes are lit
Like a laser beam
And I make a scene because I'm deep in it The city 
burns thin but I keep in it
And the moon is blood and the sirens blow So the 
kids run lost many miles from
home Its time to show up
So listen close and turn your radio up

Chorus: 2x
Sound the alarm Turn Up Your radio Sound the 
alarm Turn up your radio Got me
seeing red Got me seeing red Got me seeing 
red Got me seeing red

Verse 4:
Everywhere I go, I see red on the block another 
young boystraight dead on the
block speakers go boom, my choppers go bang 
ratatatat now it’s red where he drops
sound the alarm, it’s code red
they ended all red on the cross on the block til 
they all come or christ come back we out here dirty

Bridge:
Urgent emergency, purpose, passion, and sergeancy 
Red Tragedy, grabbing me, apathy comin in causually 
Red Purpose for the hurtin, unleashing worth to the 
worthless. Red

Chorus: 2x
Sound the alarm Turn Up Your radio Sound the alarm 
Turn up your radio Got me
seeing red Got me seeing red Got me seeing red 
Got me seeing red

Sentence Prayer

Father,
It started at two when I screeched to the high heavens,
knowing the adults would jump.
But my wrath has grown to an out of control forest fire.
My wrath is destroying all I love, but most of
all it is destroying me.
Jesus, May your blood cleanse and cool my anger
and help me see all I have been forgiven!
Holy Spirit, redeem this fool and give me a still peace
that passes all understanding.
Father, may we see and model how you are
slow to anger.  But may we fear you enough to
know one day we will give an account of every
careless and wrathful word.  God have mercy on me a sinner!

Amen R.M.

No comments: