Friday, March 21, 2014

EGYPT

Snippet

Adam was but human—this explains it all. He did not want the apple for the apple's sake, he wanted it only because it was forbidden. The mistake was in not forbidding the serpent; then he would have eaten the serpent.” ― Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson

Scripture

We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a mortal, sold as a slave to sin.  I do not understand what I do; for I don't do what I would like to do, but instead I do what I hate. Since what I do is what I don't want to do, this shows that I agree that the Law is right. So I am not really the one who does this thing; rather it is the sin that lives in me.  I know that good does not live in me—that is, in my human nature. For even though the desire to do good is in me, I am not able to do it. I don't do the good I want to do; instead, I do the evil that I do not want to do.  If I do what I don't want to do, this means that I am no longer the one who does it; instead, it is the sin that lives in me.
So I find that this law is at work: when I want to do what is good, what is evil is the only choice I have.  My inner being delights in the law of God.  But I see a different law at work in my body—a law that fights against the law which my mind approves of. It makes me a prisoner to the law of sin which is at work in my body.  What an unhappy man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is taking me to death?  Thanks be to God, who does this through our Lord Jesus Christ!
This, then, is my condition: on my own I can serve God's law only with my mind, while my human nature serves the law of sin.  Romans 7:14-25 GNT

Song
SO YOU WANNA GO BACK TO EGYPT LYRICS - KEITH GREEN
http://youtu.be/MD9W61KZYxk

So you wanna go back to Egypt, where it's warm and secure.
Are you sorry you bought the one-way ticket when you 
thought you were sure?
You wanted to live in the Land of Promise, but now it's 
getting so hard.
Are you sorry you're out here in the desert, instead of your 
own backyard?
Eating leeks and onions by the Nile.
Ooh what breath, but dining out in style.
Ooh, my life's on the skids.
Give me the pyramids.
Well there's nothing to do but travel, and we sure 
travel a lot.
'Cause it's hard to keep your feet from moving when 
the sand gets so hot.
And in the morning it's manna hotcakes. We snack on 
manna allday.
And they sure had a winner last night for dinner, 
flaming mannasoufflé.
Well we once complained for something new to munch.
The ground opened up and had some of us for lunch.
Ooh, such fire and smoke.
Can't God even take a joke…Huh?….(NO!)
So you wanna go back to Egypt, where old friends 
wait for you.
You can throw a big party and tell the whole gang, 
that what they said was all true.
And this Moses acts like a big-shot, who does he 
think he is.
It's true that God works lots of miracles, but Moses 
thinks they're all his.
Well I'm having so much trouble even now.
Why'd he get so mad about that cow, that golden cow.
Moses,he seems rather idle, he just sits around.
He just sits around and writes the Bible.
Oh, Moses, put down your pen.
What…Oh no, manna again?
Oh, manna waffles….
Manna burgers...
Manna bagels...
Fillet of manna...
Mannacoti...
Bamanna bread!
Sentence Prayer

Father, I come home to You. I confess as sin my false lovers. I confess as sin living like the old person that I used to be. I confess as sin my spiritual adultery. I acknowledge to You and to myself that my false lovers are horrible lovers and that my pursuit of them is ugly and putrid. How foolish of me to ever believe that anyone but You could ever satisfy the longings of my soul. How shameful. How disrespectful. Forgive me my relational sin. I acknowledge that You alone are my Supreme Good. I acknowledge that You alone are gracious and compassionate. I return to You as my Forgiving Father. I return to Your Son as my Worthy Groom. I return to Your Holy Spirit as my Inspiring Mentor. I love You, Lord. Renew my vision of You as a totally competent and totally good God—boundless in holy love.”  Amen 

(http://www.rpmministries.org/2011/09/six-prayers-of-repentance/)


No comments: