Sunday, October 26, 2014

SURRENDER

Snippet
If you are a Christian, your life is not your own, rather than 
dying, however, God asks you to live for him as a living sacrifice.  
Every day, you are to offer your life to Him for His service.  
Henry T. Blackaby
Scripture
My heart is not proud, Lord,
    my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
    or things too wonderful for me.
 But I have calmed and quieted myself,
    I am like a weaned child with its mother;
    like a weaned child I am content.
 Israel, put your hope in the Lord
    both now and forevermore. Psalms 131
Song
Surrender by Kim Walker
Verse 1: 
There is no love, sweeter than the love You pour on me. 
There is no song, sweeter than the song You sing to me. 
There is no place, that I would rather be, 
Than here at Your feet, laying down everything. 
Chorus: 
All to You, I surrender, 
Everything, every part of me. 
All to You, I surrender, 
All of my dreams, all of me. 
Verse 2: 
If worship's like perfume, I'll pour mine out on You. 
For there is none as deserving of my love like You. 
So take my hand and draw me into You, 
I want to be swept away, lost in love for You. 
Bridge 1: 
I surrender... 
Bridge 2: 
No turning back, I've made up my mind, 
I'm giving all of my life this time. 
Bridge 3: 
Your love makes it worth it, 
Your love makes it worth it all, 
Your love makes it worth it all.
Sentence Prayer
Jesus
All to You I surrender;
All to You I freely give;
I will ever love and trust You,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all. Amen

(Based on Old Hymn I Surrender all Judson W. Van DeVenter)

No comments: