Tuesday, October 28, 2014

MANOLO

Snippet

"It would be better to speak six words in the power of the Holy 
Ghost than to preach seventy years of sermons without the 
Spirit." Charles Spurgeon
Scripture

“Now Ezra had determined in his heart to study the law of the 

Lord, obey it, and teach its statutes and ordinances in Israel. 

Ezra 7:10 HCSB

Song
Manolo by Trip Lee
http://youtu.be/IaZi0cUP98M

Intro: Trip Lee]
Yessir
Gawvi, get 'em
Why we do it?
Why we do it?

[Hook: Gawvi]
I do it for the turn-up (gat gat)
Got that ammo locked and loaded
I ain't talking bout no burner
Flip a page I'll explode it

Got a cabin in manolo (nolo) manolo (nolo) manolo (nolo) manolo
Got a cabin in manolo (nolo) manolo (nolo) manolo (nolo) manolo
Got a cabin in manolo

[Verse 1: Trip Lee]
Trying to tell them boys
I never leave da crib alone
Cuz I keep one in my car and I got two at home
They diff'rent kinds but they do the same thing
Double-edged double-barrel (bang bang) Yessuh

I'm out here facin braggins, I ain't on my mayn (bay bay)
They comin' for my soul so it's bout that time (bay bay)
Them lies they trying to kill me if you don't believe me
I don't care, I don't care
I can't take it easy

I'm flippin the page, Im drinking half of your clip in the gauge
And the heat in the stage, hit you with truth thats in every phrase
He cut me deep I'm
Divin' in, Divin' in
When I ride I got to (fly fly)
Come alive again

That's right (when I ride I got to)
Come alive again, You know we got it
Come alive again, uh huh
Manolo many

[Hook]

[Verse 2: Lecrae]
Manolo, manolo?
I’m out here going postal
My partnas think I lost it, my momma think I'm loco
I keep my shooter close tho, You know it's fully automatic
Shoot you straight, man that trigga'll do you plenty damage
I got enemies I can't see'em all but they lurkin' (lurkin')
I flip that page on em my trigga finga stay workin (pop pop pop)
I got plenty ammo got old and new they both testify, my lord
And ain't nobody playin with you, gone mess around, and come test the fire (hah)
And I ain't gotta say no more, gonna kick kick bang and the thing gone blow
Red Letters like a red dot on yo door (yep yep yep yep yep)
All yall gone with a dash on the backseat
That's me with a clip full of black ink
Ima hit yall with it till I split yall widdit (man down man down)
Had a bad week, bad week (man down, man down)

[Hook]

Outtro, Trip:
I be a sheep I'm a dummy
Sometimes it ain't even funny
Them lies are sick and them poors and wider a truth that is sweeter than honey
And we know that He got us
He is with us can't block us; Ibaka
----------
His word is my weapon
It's going Brrrr-aaat!

[Hook, first half]

This song is primarily about comparing the Bible, the 

unchangeable Word of God Himself, to a firearm, a weapon that 

can be used offensively and defensively on a daily basis to 

change the world for the greater good. The name “Manolo” is a 

variant Spanish translation of the name “Emmanuel”, meaning 

“God with us”. This song is about the reassurance God gives us 

through His Word, something that we can actually use to change 

the world around us for His will. The name Manolo also implies a 

“high life” of wealth and fame, and the artists admit in the song 

that, not only are there critics out there that are trying to bring 

them down if they slip up, but they are also admitting that they 

are normal sinful individuals as any human is, and they must 

regularly stay in the Word of God if they want to be protected and 

continue to serve Christ.

Sentence Prayer

Father;

May I walk in the blessings of your word.

May I know the protection of your wisdom.


May I kill the thoughts of Satan with the truth of God. Amen R.M.

No comments: