Wednesday, September 24, 2014

S.Y.A.T.P.

Snippet

Bold prayers honor God, and God honors bold prayers. Mark 
Batterson (Circle Maker Mark Batterson 2011 Zondervan pg 12)

Scripture

The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. 
Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly 
that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three 
years and six months.  Then he prayed again, and the sky poured 
rain and the earth produced its fruit. James 5:16,17 NASB

Song
Father, Thy Will Be Done   
by Carolyn Arends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpMSl5N-LEs

When I cannot ask for more - Father, thy will be done 
When I rail at heaven's door - Father, thy will be done 
When my faith in you is strong - Father, thy will be done
When my strength is almost gone - Father, thy will be done
Chorus:
Father, thy will be done
Father, thy will be done
I want to see your kingdom come
Thy will be done
When I cry to you in prayer - Father, thy will be done
When I don't believe you're there - Father, thy will be done
When I feel your gentle hand - Father, thy will be done
When I just don't understand - Father, thy will be done
Repeat chorus
When I'm walking in the light - Father, thy will be done
When my heart is black as night - Father, thy will be done
When you give what I desire - Father, thy will be done
When you take me through the fire - Father, thy will be done
Repeat chorus
Sentence Prayer

Lord of the universe, I swear before your great name that I will
Not move from this circle until you have shown mercy upon your 
children. Not for such rain have I prayed, but for rain that will fill 
cisterns, pits and caverns.Not for such rain have I prayed, but for 
rain of your favor, blessing, and graciousness.” Amen

(Circle Maker Mark Batterson 2011 Zondervan pg 12)

No comments: