Monday, May 31, 2021

The Daily Dose of God May 31

Memory Verse; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God  Romans 3:23


Matthew 26, Psalms 144


Because when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, I took it personal. Everyone I knew was on fire to join up, including me. There were two men in my hometown declared 4-F unfit, they killed themselves cause they couldn't serve. Why, I had a job in a defense plant and I could've taken a deferment, but that ain't right. It isn't right that other men should fight and die, that I would just be sitting at home safe. I need to serve, I've got the energy and the passion to serve as a medic, right in the middle with the other guys, no less danger, just... while everybody else taking life, I'm going to be saving it. With the world so set on tearing itself apart, it doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me to wanna put a little bit of it back together.  Desmond Doss Hacksaw Ridge


Dear Lord, thank You for the dedicated men and women who serve in our armed forces. We pause in remembrance of those who have gone before them, often serving in harm’s way to protect the liberties we enjoy today. (Guideposts)


No comments: