Thursday, March 7, 2013

Making the Climb


Snippet

It’s when you’re safe at home that you wish you were having an adventure.  
When your’re having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home.  
Thornton Wilder

Scripture
I look up to the mountains;
    does my strength come from mountains?
No, my strength comes from God,
    who made heaven, and earth, and mountains.
 He won’t let you stumble,
    your Guardian God won’t fall asleep.
Not on your life! Israel’s
    Guardian will never doze or sleep.
 God’s your Guardian,
    right at your side to protect you—
Shielding you from sunstroke,
    sheltering you from moonstroke.
 God guards you from every evil,
    he guards your very life.
He guards you when you leave and when you return,
    he guards you now, he guards you always.  Psalms 121 Message

Song  I need an energy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SccahP3yL8A

There's not a thing that you could say that could talk me down,
from all the things that i eat, sleep and dream about.
I have got a feeling that the whole world is watching now
but i'm only for the final minute of this hours.
chorus
I need a lift, I need shake, I need to find another chance that I can take,
I need a fight, I need an energy, I need something that will take me quickly.
I gotta just let go.
In my dreams There was a whole lot more than this
Now I wonder for the journeys i chose to miss
For a feeling I have chased almost all my life
It sure feels that it's burning for the final time
chorus :
I need a lift, I need shake, I need to find another chance that I can take,
I need a fight, I need an energy, I need something that will take me quickly.
I gotta just let go.
It's all that I know, it's all that I see, it's all that's been here controlling me (x2) 

Sentence Prayer

Dear God, The adventure has begun.  I am unsure of many things; but, nonetheless.  I am sure of you.  I do not know what tomorrow will bring, but I know that You will be there with me and that is sufficient.  Watch over me and all who fly tonight.  Guide my steps as I journey.  Guard my heart and mind as well.  Holy Spirit, be my teacher, let me hear your voice in the wind and the stillness.  Let me hear Your voice in the wind and in the stillness.  Let me see you hand in the beauty and majesty of the mountain.  I open myself to the lessons you will teach me.  Amen  (Making the Climb  John C. Bowling Pg 46)



No comments: