Friday, September 5, 2014

DARKNESS

Snippet
“Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more 

common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to 

conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say “My 

tooth is aching” than to say “My heart is broken.” 


Scripture
Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the voice of his 
servant? Let him who walks in darkness and has no light trust in 
the name of the Lord and rely on his God. Isaiah 50:10
Song
Michael Edmonds- "Working It Out"
No Lyrics Available

Sentence Prayer
Dear Jesus, I walk in the valley of darkness for I suffer from 
depression. I feel unloved. rejected, useless to myself and 
useless to others. I feel lost in a world I no longer understand. At 
times, I want to sleep and never wake up again. Lord, I believe 
that Your love is a transforming love. Jesus, Son of David have 
pity on me. Out of the depths, I cry to you. 
Lord, even though 1 feel nothing, I still praise you for the wonder 
of my being. You have formed me in my mother's womb and 
watched over me to this moment. I am precious in Your eyes and 
You love me. On the Cross, you shed your blood for me. You have 
carved me in the palm of Your hand. For all this I give you thanks 
and praise. 
May your Precious Blood give new life to me and to all those who 
suffer as I do. Take each one of us and hug us to your sacred and 
loving heart. Through your glorious wounds may we be healed.
Dear Jesus, when you fed the crowd in the desert, you wished to 
gather up the fragments, lest anything be lost. As I wander 
through a desert and darkness of my own, I ask you to gather up 
the fragments of this shattered being, lest anything be lost. 
Through the prophet, Joel, Yo promised to restore the years that 
the locusts have eaten. I ask you, lay Your hands gently on my 
weary head and restore me. Let your face shine upon me and 
give me back the peace and the joy that has been lost. 
Amen 

http://www.circleofprayer.com/depression-prayer.html

No comments: