Monday, November 11, 2013

VETERANS DAY

Snippet

It is well that war is so terrible. We should grow too fond of it. Robert E. Lee

Scripture

For rulers are not a cause of fear for [a]good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. Romans 13:3-5 NASB

Song
American Soldier by Toby Keith
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWrMeBR8W-c

I'm just trying to be a father,
Raise a daughter and a son,
Be a lover to their mother,
Everything to everyone.
Up and at 'em bright and early,
I'm all business in my suit,
Yeah, I'm dressed up for success from my head down to my boots,
I don't do it for the money, there's bills that I can't pay,
I don't do it for the glory, I just do it anyway,
Providing for our future's my responsibility,
Yeah I'm real good under pressure, being all that I can be,
I can't call in sick on Mondays when the weekend's been too strong,
I just work straight through the holidays,
Sometimes all night long.
You can bet that I stand ready when the wolf growls at the door.
Hey, I'm solid, hey, I'm steady, hey, I'm true down to the core.
And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price.
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice.
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dying's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.
I'm an American soldier, an American,
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines. Sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American soldier,
Yeah, an American Soldier, an American.
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines, so sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American, an American, an American soldier!

Sentence Prayer

Almighty God;
Who art the author
Of liberty and the champion of the oppressed
Hear our prayer
We, the soldiers of special forces.
Acknowledge our dependence upon thee
In the preservation of human freedom.
Go with us as we seek to  defend
The defenseless and to free
The enslaved.
May we remember that our nation whose motto
Is in God we trust.  Excepts that we shall acquit ourselves with honor
That we never bring shame upon our
Our families or our fellow men.
Grant us wisdom from thy mind,
Courage from thine heart,
Strength from thine arm,
And protection by thine hand.
It is for thee that we do battle. And to thee
Belongs the victors crown.
Thine is the Kingdom, the power and the glory forever.  Amen


(Specials Forces Prayer from monument at Colorado Springs Memorial Park.  Colorado Springs Co.)

No comments: