Tuesday, November 12, 2013

HEROES

Snippet

It is foolish to mourn the men who died.  Rather we should thank God such men lived. General George S. Patton.

Scripture

And David said, “The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear, He will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine.” And Saul said to David, “Go, and may the Lord be with you. 1 Samuel 17:37 NASB

Song
Billy Don’t be a Hero  By Paper Lace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cdFuMgMkBM

The marchin' band came down along Maine Street
The soldier blues fell in behind
I looked across and there I saw Billy
Waiting to go and join the line
And with her head upon his shoulder
His young and lovely fiancée
From where I stood I saw she was cryin'
And through her tears I heard her say
Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life
Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife
And as Billy started to go she said keep your pretty head low
Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me
The soldier blues were trapped on a hillside
The battle raging all around
The sergeant cried, we've got to hang on, boys
We've gotta hold this piece of ground
I need a volunteer to ride out
And bring us back some extra men
And Billy's hand was up in a moment
Forgettin' all the words she said, she said
Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life
Billy, don't be a hero, come back and make me your wife
And as Billy started to go she said, keep your pretty head low
Billy, don't be a hero, come back to me
I heard his fiancée got a letter
That told how Billy died that day
The letter said that he was a hero
She should be proud he died that way
I heard she threw the letter away

Sentence Prayer

Lord, Have you thrown us away?
Have you deserted us?
Help us in our fight against our enemies,
For men are useless.
God it is only by your help
That mighty acts of valor
Are done.  It is God’s duty
To tread down evil.
Amen

(Prayer based on Psalms 108:11 Living Bible.)

No comments: