Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Daily Dose Of God October 24

Memory Verse; The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. Galatians 5:6


2 Thessalonians 1, Psalms 104


People don't leave Christianity because they stop believing in the teachings of Jesus. People leave Christianity because they believe in the teachings of Jesus so much, they can't stomach being part of an institution that claims to be about that and clearly isn't. Nadia Bolz-Weber


I put aside my weighty cares and leave my wearisome toils for a while. I abandon myself to you, O God, and rest for a little in you.  I enter the inner chamber of my soul and seek only God and the things that can help me in my quest for you.  Come then, Lord my God, teach my heart where and how to look for you, where and how to find you.  Amen.  (St. Anselm 1033-1109)

No comments: