Saturday, February 27, 2021

Daily Dose of God February 27

Memory Verse; For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16


Ezekiel 9-10 Psalms 51


 I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming a human being

so I do not have to pretend or try to be a God.

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming finite and limited

so I do not have to pretend that I am infinite and limitless.

I thank you, crucified God, for becoming mortal

so I do not have to try and make myself immortal. 

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for becoming inferior

so I do not have to pretend I am superior to anyone . . .

I thank you, for being weak, so I don't have to be strong.

I thank you, for being considered imperfect and strange,

so I do not have to try so hard to be perfect and normal.

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for being willing to be disapproved of,

so I do not have to try so hard to be approved of and liked.

I thank you, for being considered a failure, 

so I do not have to give my life trying to pretend I am a success.

I thank you, for being wrong by the standards of religion and state, 

so I do not have to be right anywhere.

I thank you, be being poor in every way, 

so I do not have to be rich in any way.

I thank you, Lord Jesus, for being all of the things humanity despises and fears, 

so I can accept myself and others in you.

(Richard Rohr)

No comments: