Sunday, August 2, 2020

Daily Dose For August 2

Memory Verse  O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Your name in all the earth, Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens! Psalms 8:1 NASB


2 Kings 18  Psalms 28


I think I would rather live on the verge of falling and let my security be in the all-sufficiency of the grace of God than to live in some pietistic illusion of moral excellence. Not that I don't want to be morally excellent but my faith isn't in the idea that I'm more moral than anybody else. My faith is in the idea that God and His love are greater than whatever sins any of us commit.

Rich Mullins



Father, save me from the foolish thought, I can "sin secretly".  Help me to see evidence of you everywhere. Jesus, You have forgiven your stiff nicked children, help me to remember this when others are unreasonable with me.  Holy  Spirit woo me away from worthless idols.  That I may obey the only true God.  Amen  (REM)

No comments: