Monday, July 27, 2020

Daily Dose For July 27

Memory Verse  Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord Psalms 33:12 NASB


2 Kings 7-8 Psalms 22


The following story is from Wives of the Signers - The women behind the Declaration of Independence, pp 102-103: "At a meeting of the Council of Safety in Lebanon, near the close of 1776, when the prospects of our success looked dark, two members of the Council were invited to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Williams, Benjamin Huntington and William Hillhouse. The conversation turned upon the gloomy outlook. `If we fail,' said Mr. Williams, `I know what my fate will be. I have done much to prosecute the war; and one thing I have done which the British will never pardon - I have signed the Declaration of Independence; I shall be hanged.'

"`Well,' said Mr. Huntington, `if we fail I shall be exempt from the gallows, for my name is not attached to the Declaration, nor have I ever written anything against the British Government.'

"`Then, sir,' said Colonel Williams turning upon him, `you deserve to be hanged for not doing your duty.'" (William Williams https://causeofliberty.blogspot.com/2011/02/william-williams.html)


There is a time for all things, a time to preach and a time to pray, but those times have passed away. There is a time to fight, and that time has now come. Amen John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg

No comments: