Wednesday, November 12, 2014

FEARLESS

Snippet
The SEALs were also circumspect about death in a way that only 

those confronted with it regularly can be.

“I either want to die in combat, doing my job right now, or live till 

I’m 98 years old and see my great, great grand kids,” one of 

them told me. “I don’t want anything in between. None of us do. 

A warrior’s death, you can’t get any higher than that. It’s horrible 

for the family, they don’t want to hear that, but for us, the guys 

at our command, we’re okay with it. That is our duty, the highest 

calling. And if that happens to you, you hope you are in the right 

frame of mind that you are okay with it. I have seen a lot of 

people go, not well. Had they been able to do another take on it, 

they would probably want it to go better. I remember everything 

else about Adam also, but I will always remember the end. You 

know, your first impression lasts a relationship, and your last 

impression is with you forever. Adam died well.”  


Scripture
The Lord is my light and my salvation—
    
so why should I be afraid?

The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger,

so why should I tremble?

When evil people come to devour me,
    
when my enemies and foes attack me,
    
they will stumble and fall.

Though a mighty army surrounds me,
    
my heart will not be afraid.

Even if I am attacked,
    
I will remain confident. Psalms 27:1-3 NLT

Song
Fearless Mark Dowdy

Little boy, head full of dreams

Growing up, always trying to find his wings 

Mom and Dad, standing by

Ready to catch him whenever he tried
Life was good, life was sweet

Turn the page, more man than boy

Never thought he’d make that kind of choice His mother’s heart 

would break in two

She said...that’s not the boy that I knew

Life was full of regret

But deep inside him, he could not forget

Chorus
Be brave - Stand tall

Believe you’ll get stronger whenever you fall

And each time life brings you pain

Keep faith - Rise up

Above that voice that keeps calling your name in the dark Walk 

on, you’re not alone

You can live fearless

Second chance, his hope renewed

Now he’s fighting for the red, white and blue 

His wife and kids by his side

He’s a picture of American pride

Life was good, so complete

He said...I’m so glad love never gave up on me

Repeat Chorus

Bridge

He left a letter to his children It said I’m not afraid to die

No one can take away my spirit Even if they take my life

Sentence Prayer

Father;

You gave your Son, to give me a righteous path.

You give Your Spirt, to keep me in step

Yea, though I walk through the valley of death

may I always be fearless, because your are my Light and 


Salvation.  Amen  R.M.

No comments: