Friday, January 18, 2019

God Thoughts January 18th

God Thoughts January 18th

Let me tell you of  3 Senior citizens that have no moss growing 

on their butts.

Anthony Mancinelli of NEW WINDSOR, N.Y is in the Guiness 

book of world records, for being the oldest practicing barber at 

107. Tao Porchon-Lynch,  Spends her Saturdays at Ruben Art 

Museum teaching yoga.  She is 100.   Orville Rogers is 100 years 

old and routinely breaks records at track meets around the 

country. Sure, the World War II veteran doesn’t have much 

competition in his age bracket, but that’s beside the point.  The 

point is that Rogers is in his fourth decade of retirement and still 

running in all the ways you want to be when you hit triple digits: 

a model of physical, emotional, and financial health.

This does not mean we will live in this lie forever-no one until 

Christ comes back will get out alive! But, it does mean:  We can 

get old to the glory of God in a way that makes God look glorious. 

By living and dying in a way that shows God to be the all-

satisfying Treasure that he is.  We can die moss free!

Father, give us a passion in our final years to spend 

ourselves to make Jesus as great as he really is—to get old to the 

glory of God.  Amen


Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,

your mighty acts to all who are to come. Psalms 71:18,19

No comments: