Tuesday, January 15, 2019

God Thought January 15th 2019

John Glenn, in donating his personal and Senate papers to Ohio

State University in 1997 said to the students;  “If there’s one

thing I’ve learned in my years on this planet, it’s that the

happiest and most fulfilled people are those who devoted

themselves to something bigger and more profound than merely

their own self-interest.”   Bertrand Russel self-described atheist

or agnostic said this; Unless you assume a God, the question of

life’s purpose is meaningless  Bertrand Russell

wordly  retirement what a strange reward for a

Christian to set his sights on! Twenty years of leisure while

living in the midst of the Last Days.  Which has significant

consequence for millions of people who need Christ. What a

tragic way to finish the last mile before entering the presence of

the king who finished his last mile so differently!  We grow old for

God's glory by living now for eternity.

 Even when I am old and gray,  do not forsake me, my God, till I declare

your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all

who are to come. Ps 71:18

Let's go to  Verse 20,21 which says; Though you have made me

see troubles, many and bitter,  you will restore my life again;

from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.You

will increase my honor and comfort me once more. Psalms

71:20,21 NIV

In these verses, the psalmist describes the full spectrum of the

ups and downs of his life” “the skies” “troubles, many and bitter”

“depths of the earth” and “bring me up.” The psalmist doesn’t

sugar coat the hard times, but he understands that the Lord is

sovereign over the mountain tops as well as the dark valleys of

his life.

How many Christians set their sights on a retiring—resting,

playing, traveling,-gathering moss on their butts. Is that purpose,

glorifying to God?

No comments: