Friday, November 7, 2014

WAVES

Snippet
The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute in 
all kind of weather. Any explanation besides God?

Scripture
when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place,

when I said, ‘This far you may come and no farther;
    
here is where your proud waves halt’?

“Have you ever given orders to the morning,
    
or shown the dawn its place, Job 38:10-12 NIV

Song
Every Breaking Wave U2
http://youtu.be/4Bj3qrMbNig
Every breaking wave on the shore

Tells the next one "there'll be one more"

And every gambler knows that to lose

Is what you're really there for

Summer I was fearless

Now I speak into an answer phone

Like every fallen leaf on the breeze

Winter wouldn't leave it alone, alone

[Chorus:]

If you go...

If you go your way and I go mine

Are we so...

Are we so helpless against the tide?

Baby, every dog on the street

Knows that we're in love with defeat

Are we ready to be swept off our feet

And stop chasing every breaking wave?

Every sailor knows that the sea

Is a friend made enemy
Every shipwrecked soul knows what it is

To live without intimacy

I thought I heard the captain's voice

But it's hard to listen while you preach

Like every broken wave on the shore

This is as far as I could reach

[Chorus]

The sea knows where are the rocks

And drowning is no sin

You know where my heart is

The same place that yours has been

We know that we fear to win

And so we end before we begin

Before we begin

[Chorus] end of lyrics

Sentence Prayer
Lord, sometimes my spirit is so dry I feel like I’m in the middle of 
the Sahara.  Lift my spirits, Father.  Lighten my heart.  Give me 
your joy. Your peace.  Your spirit of praise to overcome the 
heaviness. Help me get out of myself and all the problems that 
are drying my spirit and turn to you in rejoicing.  All my 
happiness is found in knowing you.  Give me the medicine of a 

happy heart.  O Lord.  Amen  (One-minute Prayers for men pg 177)

No comments: