Saturday, September 20, 2014

SEEK

Snippet
If we only had eyes to see and ears to hear and wits to 

understand, we would know that the Kingdom of God in the sense 

of holiness, goodness, beauty is as close as breathing and is 

crying out to born both within ourselves and within the world; we 

would know that the Kingdom of God is what we all of us hunger 

for above all other things even when we don’t know its name or 

realize that it’s what we’re starving to death for. The Kingdom of 

God is where our best dreams come from and our truest prayers. 

We glimpse it at those moments when we find ourselves being 

better than we are and wiser than we know. We catch sight of it 

when at some moment of crisis a strength seems to come to us 

that is greater than our own strength. The Kingdom of God is 

where we belong. It is home, and whether we realize it or not, I 

think we are all of us homesick for it.” ― Frederick Buechner

Scripture

“So don’t worry at all about having enough food and clothing.
Why be like the heathen? For they take pride in all these things 
and are deeply concerned about them. But your heavenly Father 
already knows perfectly well that you need them, and he will give 
them to you if you give him first place in your life and live as he 
wants you to.
“So don’t be anxious about tomorrow. God will take care of your 
tomorrow too. Live one day at a time. Matthew 6:32-34 TLB
Song
Seek the Kingdom 
by Kings Kaleidoscope
http://youtu.be/YdmZ-dv5qsw

I’ve been anxious, I can’t sleep 
Worthless worries, burden me 
I hunt the sun, chase the wind 
Till my tired spirit spins into the ground 
When I try to take control 
Fear and terror grip my soul 
I need joy, I need peace 
I need rest I need relief 
I look to you, and you teach me to 
Seek your kingdom 
Seek your righteousness 
See the ravens, they can’t farm 
They don’t have silos, trucks or barns 
But our God sees their needs 
And he loves them and he feeds them everyday 
See the lilies, how they grow 
They don’t work or buy their clothes 
But if God, by his grace, clothes the grass with great array 
Then how much more, is there in store, when I 
Seek your kingdom 
Seek your righteousness 
I will seek your kingdom 
Seek your righteousness 
When I’m worried about tomorrow, you will guide me through 
All these things in my life won’t shake me, you’ll take me home
credits
Sentence Prayer
Father:
We have all wandered from you ways.
Teach me to love the skies I’m under
And my own skin.
Help me to know the 
Only rest for man is to love

You.  Amen

No comments: