Thursday, September 18, 2014

PRAYER

Snippet
Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human 
folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the 
peace of God. We know not what prayer can do. C.H. Spurgeon
Scripture
Always be joyful. Pray continually, 18 and give thanks whatever 
happens. That is what God wants for you in Christ Jesus. 1 
Thessalonians 5:16-18 NCV
Song
MAKE MY LIFE A PRAYER                               Keith Green
http://youtu.be/AjcD3oWBJIw
You make my life a prayer to You
I wanna do what You want me to
No empty words and no white lies
No token prayers no compromise
I wanna shine the light You gave
Through Your Son You sent to save us
From ourselves and our despair
It comforts me to know You're really there
Well I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, You're coming to take me away
I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me, the love that set me free
I wanna tell the world out there, You're not some fable or fairy 
tale That I've made up inside my head, You're God the Son
You've risen from the dead
Oh I wanna thank You now for being patient with me
Oh it's so hard to see, when my eyes are on me
I guess I'll have the trust and just believe what You say
Oh You're coming again, coming to take me away
I wanna die and let You give Your life to me, so I might live
And share the hope You gave to me
I wanna share the love that set me free
Sentence Prayer
Our Father, which art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. 
Thy will be done in earth, 
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us. 
And lead us not into temptation, 
But deliver us from evil. 
For thine is the kingdom,
The power, and the glory,
For ever and ever.

Amen.

No comments: