Friday, March 7, 2014

EULOGY

Snippet
Some people hate funerals. I find them comforting. They hit the pause button on life and remind us that it has an end. Every eulogy reminds me to deepen my dash, that place on the tombstone between our birth and our death. Regina Brett
Scripture
A good name is better than fine perfume,
    and the day of death better than the day of birth.
 It is better to go to a house of mourning
    than to go to a house of feasting,
for death is the destiny of everyone;
    the living should take this to heart.
 Frustration is better than laughter,
    because a sad face is good for the heart.  Ecclesiastes 7:1-3

Song
                  Beautiful Eulogy -                 Beautiful Eulogy

There used to be a time when we were fine living life with
no particular religious bend. Pretending to be our own Gods
inventing our own system of belief so as to not depend on
anything other than our own self governing consent. Defending
an impending doom with no perceived need to concede
or repent. Presuming our innocence in a sense dissent. The
sting of death was only the inevitable end of everything
we could never rightly understand or comprehend. We used
to fear the unknown until God made himself known and atoned
mending the relationship between God and men. Giving his
life as a ransom for many when he died and ascended and in
that one event the certainty of eternal death was circumvented.
Making a way for the day when history stops and
time suspends. Spending eternity in fellowship that never
ends. We see the greatest expression of God's love extended
in the moment when those who were once enemies instead became
God's friends.

Chorus:
And when it is my time to go, go ahead and take me home
I know I'll be with You, I know I'll be with You
When it is my time to go, go ahead and take me home
Nowhere that I'd rather go
I wanna be with You

Verse 2:
How sweet the Gospel sounds to ears like mine. Well acquainted
with pain and strained relationships. Friendships
that suffer from long distances, or even worse they get
severed from something more severe. And He still hasn't
wiped away all my tears yet. My cheeks get wet every now
and then. Even when I give my best, I know I fall short.
I get scared when the balls in my court. Focussed on, my
performance, wretched and poor. It makes the message more
real when I preach it. I'm not there yet so I'm reaching,
reaching for a goal, to stand before my King and be speechless.
Then, never again, will I question if his grace is
sufficient to cover my sin. Cause death is gone, and all
the effects of, evil and wrong will be conquered when His
kingdom comes. So this is my hope and my prayer. The air
that I'll breath in eternity with lungs that never fail
me. If it pleases my Lord, and only by Your grace, use my
life till it's poured out for Your sake. Until then I'll
remain where You have me, with joy when I feel unhappy. And
a peace that surpasses all my understanding, my life is in
the hands of Your love everlasting.

Sentence Prayer

Father, thank you for Eulogies that reminds us it is appointed for each man to die and face the judgement.  Praise be to you who in 
Jesus made a way to be both Just and a Justifier in Christ.

Jesus, thank you for you death and resurrection that becomes a promise to all of faith.  Jesus, praise to the Lamp of God the sinless perfect sacrifice.


Holy Spirit, thank you for your patient crucifixion of our flesh, to resurrect the image of Jesus her on earth.  Holy Spirit, praise to the fire of God that has chosen to purify me, to be his temple.  Amen  R.M.

No comments: