Friday, January 10, 2014

DIRTROADS

Snippet


I was born at the dead end of a dirt road that had no name and no number. You can go anywhere from nowhere." -Robert Schuller

Scripture

God's Message yet again: Go stand
at the crossroads and look around.
   Ask for directions to the old road,
The tried-and-true road. Then take it.
   Discover the right route for your souls.
But they said, 'Nothing doing.
   We aren't going that way.'
Jeremiah 6:16 Message

Song
Go West Young Man Michael W. Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCfD7sxwdf0


I'm blazing a trail that leads to vice
So easily enticed
By darker means
When out of the wilderness of choice
I hear that one small voice
Call to me
[CHORUS]
Go West young man
Go West young man
When the evil go East
Go West young man
Go West young man
Find a heart that's golden

Why must I wander like a cloud
Following the crowd
Well, I don't know
But I'm asking for the will to fight
To wear the Crown of Life
And You say go
[CHORUS]

The mind is weak, the heart is frail
When it goes beyond the pale
So unwise
[CHORUS]

Sentence Prayer

Praise you Father for the pre-set roads you have sent me down.  
Praise you Jesus for the heaven road you have provided. 
Praise you Counselor for the path of Holiness you are compelling me down.
Forgive my lust for pavement; help me instead to accept life as it is.  
May I not seek ease but your strength to end my journey well.
Thank you for playful dogs.  Thank you for the imprints, I leave behind.  
Thank you for the uphill struggle, so I can enjoy the level ground.
Father, I take the time to pray for those on a more difficult dirt road, than mine.
Amen   Roger Miller

No comments: