Saturday, August 22, 2015

LEE


SNIPPET

One human being can do more evil than all other species put together.  

Thomas Aquinas


SCRIPTURE

The valiant lie plundered, they sleep their last sleep; not one of the 

warriors can lift his hands. At your rebuke, God of Jacob, both horse 

and chariot lie still.  Psalms 76:5,6

SONG
THE GHOST OF GENERAL LEE  
WAYLON JENNINGS
https://youtu.be/ooz3eqWRdlc

Through the smoke and the mud and the blood we 
walked behind Robert E. LEE
Sixty miles from Richmond to face the Union Army
We dug our holes and we built a wall 
because we knew they’d be a fight
If the blue coats wear’n soldiers crossed the river that night

Sure as hell that sundown came a hundred thousand men
And it sure did shock me Lord, Kin killing Kin
The cannonballs were heavy filled with iron and steel and lead
And the James river water ran a bloody red

Lord is it right did you mean to kill my brother here tonight

Guitar break

It has been one hundred forty years and as I look around
I see a mighty city where there once was a battle ground
I thought when LEE surrounded we would fight no more
But the ghost of LEE can still see us fight the civil war

Lord is it right did you mean to kill my brother here tonight


SENTENCE PRAYER

Father you care for me, save me from becoming human wreckage.  

Help me to be self-controlled and alert so I may see the enemy 

coming, even if it is me!  Help me to train hard so I will stand firm 

against the enemies of God!  When I hurt keep my faith strong, by 

looking at other human wreckage that need my help!  Save me from 


myself, so I can guide others to the Light.  In Jesus Name Amen! RM

No comments: