Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Daily Dose of God April 11

Memory Verse; For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 KJV


Hosea 11:1-11, Ps 94


Resurrection is first a practice of descending with Jesus to befriend the broken parts of our bodies, stories, and selves. K.J. Ramsey (https://annvoskamp.com/2021/04/dont-put-a-spiritual-bow-over-your-brokenness/?fbclid=IwAR3a0tLxbBisPPA9twnNMD0yrBkXBaYFxVTNUKzSIu-JPbnaunjwJkRCGGQ)


Gracious God,

 Open my eyes. Soften my heart that I may perceive You in every moment: The evidence of your presence is all around me.

Open my ears. Am I at times deaf to Your Words while waiting for You to act or speak according to my preferred methods? Teach me to hear Your voice when You speak in unexpected ways. 

Increase my understanding. At times my feelings contradict Your promises. I cannot lean upon my own understanding. You are present in ways I have yet to experience and You are working in ways I have yet to see. Let me wait in patient hope.

Increase my faith. That which my limited understanding cannot grasp, You secure.

My strength runs out, but Your might prevails. You are my Hope. 

I come to the end of myself and find that You alone are a safe haven for the soul.  In the Name of Christ, Amen. (Adah Hutchcraft)

No comments: