Tuesday, July 16, 2013

PLAY BALL

Snippet

Jackie Robinson: “You want a player who doesn’t have the guts to fight back?”  Branch Rickey: “No. I want a player who’s got the guts not to fight back.”  Jackie Robinson: “You give me a uniform, you give me a number on my back, I’ll give you the guts.” From Movie 42

Scripture

I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that I may become a fellow partaker of it. Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 1 Corinthians 9:23-25

Song
The Ball Game by Sister Wynona Carr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0dMYEJEOEg

Life is a ball game
Bein' played each day
Life is a ball game
Everybody can play
Yes you know, Jesus standing at the home plate
He is waiting for you there
You know, the life is a ball game
But you've got to play it fast
The first phase is temptation
You know the second phase is sin
The third phase tribulation
If you pass, you can make it in
Old man Solomon is the umpire
And Satan pitchin' a game
He'll do his best, strike you out
He playin' just the same
You know, Daniel's up to bat first
You know, he pray three times a day
Yes Satan pitched him a fast ball
But he hit it anyway
Yes you know, Job is up to bat next
Satan's struck him in every way
But Job hit a home run
And he came on in that day
Yes you know, prayer is a strong bat
To hit at Satan's ball
And when you start to swing it
You got to give it your all and all
Yes you know, the priest gonna be your catcher
And on him you can depend
Oh Jesus standing at the home plate
And He is waiting for you to come in
Yes you know, Moses is on the sidelines
Waiting to be called
You know, the day he parted the Red Sea
Little price all and all
Then John came in the ninth inning
And the game was almost done
Then God gave John a vision
And he knew we'd already won
Yes you know life is a ball game
Being played each day
You know life is a ball game
Each and everybody can play
Yes you know, Jesus is standing at the home plate
He is waiting for you there
Well you know, life is a ball game
But you've got to play it fast

Sentence Prayer

God grant me wisdom,
to tell a strike from a ball,
to know where to throw
and never to fall.
 Keep me always in the base line,
running straight and true
and I'll look for your sign,
to stretch one into two.
 God give me vision,
to see every pitch,
so if a player needs help,
then I will see which.
 Let me always hustle,
so I'll be at my best
and take pride in myself,
in sports and the rest.
God be my strength,
when I throw the ball
when I'm far from home plate,
or against a wall.
 So I never miss a base,
please guide my feet,
bring me home safely,
so my job is complete.
 When I help younger players,
let me always give praise,
so they'll see you in me,
in all of my ways.
 God please guide our coach,
to be fair and smart,
to teach us to be good,
let it come from his heart.
 Let me take a loss,
just as well as a win,
to do any less,
is surely a sin.
 As long as I can play,
let me make my parents proud,
as proud as I am,
when they yell MY name out loud.
 However my games end,
let me always have fun
and if Heaven has All Stars,
I want to be one.
 When my games here are over
and my seasons are done,
let me play on your team.
just like your son.

 Amen.

No comments: