Wednesday, April 3, 2013

RAIN


Snippet

Suffering love is God’s strategy for overcoming evil.  His only strategy. God saves Through suffering.  Charles de Foucald said, “Not by his words or works, not even by miracles, but by his cross.” He overcame evil by surrendering to it in love and obedience.  (Brennan Manning Reflections for Ragamuffins pg 93)

Scripture

Now I am coming to you. I told them many things while I was with them in this world so they would be filled with my joy. 14 I have given them your word. And the world hates them because they do not belong to the world, just as I do not belong to the world. 15 I’m not asking you to take them out of the world, but to keep them safe from the evil one. 16 They do not belong to this world any more than I do. 17 Make them holy by your truth; teach them your word, which is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I am sending them into the world. 19 And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth.  John 17:13-19 NLT

Song
Bring on the Rain Jo Dee Messina & Tim McGraw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYRfsjBNQk

Another day has almost come and gone
Can't imagine what else could go wrong
Sometimes I'd like to hide away somewhere and lock the door
A single battle lost but not the war ('cause)
[Chorus:]
Tomorrow's another day
And I'm thirsty anyway
So bring on the rain
It's almost like the hard times circle 'round
A couple drops and they all start coming down
Yeah, I might feel defeated,
And I might hang my head
I might be barely breathing - but I'm not dead, no ('cause)
[Chorus]

I'm not gonna let it get me down
I'm not gonna cry
And I'm not gonna lose any sleep tonight ('cause)
Tomorrow's another day
And I am not afraid
So bring on the rain
[Chorus]
Bring on the rain; bring on the rain
Bring on the rain
Bring on, bring on, the rain

Sentence Prayer

Father, bring on the rain and wash away the filth of evil.  Give me the courage to take up my cross this day, gladly bearing it with love and obedience.  Jesus, help us to see both the cross and the empty tomb as a reminder the rain will not last forever!  Help us look forward, by looking back at how your love has defeated every enemy that has opposed you.  Holy Spirit teach us how to dance in the rain, to drink up the challenges of this life. Holy Spirit protect us from the evil one.  Thank you for the rain.  Amen!



No comments: