Saturday, February 23, 2013

OPPORTUNITY


Snippet

How do you spell love?  T.I.M.E   Rick Warren

Scripture

A wise youth makes hay while the sun shines, but what a shame to see a lad who sleeps away his hour of opportunity.  Proverbs 10:5 LB

Song  Time by Pink Floyd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntm1YfehK7U

Ticking away the moments
That make up a dull day
Fritter and waste the hours
In an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground
In your home town
Waiting for someone or something
To show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then the one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun
(Solo)
And you run and you run
To catch up with the sun
But it's sinking
Racing around
To come up behind you again
The sun is the same
In a relative way
But you're older
Shorter of breath
And one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter
Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught
Or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation
Is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say
Home
Home again
I like to be here
When I can
When I come home
Cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones
Beside the fire
Far away
Across the field
Tolling on the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spell...

Sentence Prayer

Father; thank you for today it is a gift of opportunity.  Help me make the most of today, because we will never get it back.  Jesus; open my eyes to people today who need your love so we can all make it home. Holy Spirit;  in the dull moments of life make me aware of your presence, so I do not fall into the temptation of sleeping away my life.  Amen




No comments: