Saturday, December 18, 2010

December


 

Snippet

Just a minute - just a minute. Now, hold on, Mr. Potter. You're right when you say my father was no businessman. I know that. Why he ever started this cheap, penny-ante Building and Loan, I'll never know. But neither you nor anyone else can say anything against his character, because his whole life was - why, in the twenty-five years since he and Uncle Billy started this thing, he never once thought of himself. Isn't that right, Uncle Billy? He didn't save enough money to send Harry to school, let alone me. But he did help a few people get out of your slums, Mr. Potter, and what's wrong with that? Why - here, you're all businessmen here. Doesn't it make them better citizens? Doesn't it make them better customers? You - you said - what'd you say a minute ago? They had to wait and save their money before they even ought to think of a decent home. Wait? Wait for what? Until their children grow up and leave them? Until they're so old and broken down that they... Do you know how long it takes a working man to save five thousand dollars? Just remember this, Mr. Potter, that this rabble you're talking about... they do most of the working and paying and living and dying in this community. Well, is it too much to have them work and pay and live and die in a couple of decent rooms and a bath? Anyway, my father didn't think so. People were human beings to him. But to you, a warped, frustrated old man, they're cattle. Well, in my book he died a much richer man than you'll ever be.


 

It's a Wonderful Life 1946 George Bailey to Harry Potter

Scripture

And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream,

saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou

there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. When

he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:

And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the

Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Then Herod, when he saw

that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the

children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under,

according to the time which he had diligently inquired of the wise men. Then was fulfilled

that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, In Rama was there a voice heard,

lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would

not be comforted, because they are not.But when Herod was dead, behold, an angel of the

Lord appeareth in a dream to Joseph in Egypt, Saying, Arise, and take the young child and

his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's

life. Matthew 2:13-20 KJV


 

Song


 

If we make it through December
Merle Haggard

If we make it through December
Everythings gonna be all right I know
It's the coldest time of winter
And I shivver when I see the fallin snow

If we make it through December
I got plans of bein in a warmer town come summer time
Maybe even California
If we make it through December we'll be fine

I got laid off down at the factory
And there timings not the greatest in the world
Heaven knows I been workin' hard
I wanted Christmas to be right for daddy's girl
Now I don't mean to hate December
It's meant to be the happy time of year
And why my little girl don't understand
Why daddy can't afford no Christmas here

If we make it through December
Everythings gonna be alright I know
It's the coldest time of winter
And I shivver when I see the fallin' snow

If we make it through December
I got plans of bein' in a warmer town come summer time
Maybe even California
If we make it through December we'll be fine

Sentence Prayer

In the darkness of evening the eyes of my heart are awake to

you. In the quiet of the night I long to hear again intimations

of your love. In the Sufferings of the world and the struggles

of life I seek your graces of healing. At the heart of the

brokenness around me and in the hidden depths of my

own soul seek your touch of healing¸O God, for there

you reside. In the hidden depths of life, O God, There

you reside.

Amen Celtic Prayer


 

The Pocket book of prayers ed by Jim Palmer pg 121


 

A.doration: In this darkness of this World Praise the Father

For being the only light

C.onfess those times you have treated people life cattle. . .

Ask forgiveness when you have put making a buck above

loving others.


 

T.hank God for what you have-Think of those who have

less pray for their needs


 

S.upplication: Pray for those you know who are

struggling to make it through December financially,

spiritually, emotionally and morally

No comments: