Sunday, February 16, 2020

Daily Dose For February 16

Memory Verse Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7

Exodus 28-29 Psalms 47

When people cast fear to the wind and spend themselves and risk their lives and fortune in the cause of God's truth, and in love for other people, then God is revealed for who He really is: infinitely valuable and satisfying - so much so that His people don't need the fleeting pleasures of sin in order to be content.  John Piper Brothers, We Are Not Professionals, p. 120.


A PRAYER FOR A NEW WEEK
A new week is knocking at the door,
while last week is still sprawled out on my couch.
Piles of stuff clutter home and heart and mind.
Lord, it feels like there is never enough.
Never enough time to rest, to think;
Time to play, to breathe.
To get it done.
To be.
Lord, it feels like I’m never enough.
Never enough for family, for work;
For friends.
For me.
For You.
I’m in a race I never wanted to run,
a race I don’t know how to quit.
Help me slow my pace, God.
Help me match my breathing to Yours.
Help me thank last week for her gifts and lessons,
and welcome this week for her possibilities.
I don’t need to be enough.
I just need to be Yours.
I don’t need to be enough.
I just need to be Yours.
- Melissa Hatfield

No comments: