Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word For December 18

Memory Verse  “So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God." Luke 1:36 

Psalms 118:22-27; Matthew 1:18-25; Micah 5:1-4

An Advent Prayer to Remember God’s Promises

Lord,
Advent is here, but so is family tension.
Advent is here, but so are dysfunctional relationships.
Advent is here, but so are old habits.
Advent is here, but gone are people we love.
Advent is here, but old baggage still exists.
Advent is here, but fears surface.
You say, "I see all that, and I can handle all that."
You say, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
You say, "Peace is what I leave with you; it is my own peace that I give you. I do not give it as the world does. Do not be worried and upset; do not be afraid."
You say, "Tell everyone who is discouraged, Be strong and don’t be afraid! God is coming to your rescue…"
What looks unscalable, You boost me over.
What seems unbearable, You bring me through unbelievably.
What can't be managed, You say, "Let down your guard and I will guard you."
Amen.

~Edited from Kelly Balarie's “7 Verses When Relationships Hurt at Christmas”

No comments: