Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word For October 23rd

Daily Dose of God's Word For October 23rd

Psalms 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup 
runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days 
of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Psalms 45

A poem to the king (possibly Solomon) on the occasion of his wedding. While this psalm was written for a historic occasion, it is also seen as a prophecy about Christ and his bride, the church, who will praise him throughout all generations.


Dear God, I want to be led by your Spirit. Help me to not be so impatient that I can't stop and just listen for your response. Help me to learn to wait on you. To be still and know that you are God. Thank you, Good Shepherd. 

No comments: