Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word For August 27

Daily Dose of God's Word For 8-27

Memory Verse: There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called Ephesians 4:4


John 21:20-25

Peter asked Jesus how John would die. Jesus replied that Peter should not concern himself with that. We tend to compare our lives to others, whether to rationalize our own level of devotion to Christ or to question God’s justice. Jesus responds to us as he did to Peter: “What is that to you? You must follow me.”

Pray 

God grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the Wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time.
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as he did, this sinful world as it is,
Not as I would like it.
Trusting that he will make all things right,
If I surrender to his will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this world

And supremely happy in the next.

No comments: