Monday, June 17, 2019

Daily Dose of God's Word For 6-17

Daily Dose of God's Word For 6-17

Memory Verse: Instead, be filled with the Spirit Ephesians 5:18

The doctrine of apostolic succession is the belief that the 12 apostles passed on their authority to successors, who then passed the apostolic authority on to their successors, continuing throughout the centuries, even unto today. The Roman Catholic Church sees Peter as the leader of the apostles, with the greatest authority, and therefore his successors carry on the greatest authority. The Roman Catholic Church combines this belief with the concept that Peter later became the first bishop of Rome, and that the Roman bishops that followed Peter were accepted by the early church as the central authority among all of the churches. Apostolic succession, combined with Peter’s supremacy among the apostles, results in the Roman bishop being the supreme authority of the Catholic Church – the Pope. https://www.gotquestions.org/apostolic-succession.html

Monday, June 17: Read Matthew 16:13-20

What rock is the church built on?  Peter? or is the Rock, the truth Jesus is the Messiah, Son of the Living God?  In the chapter what evidence do you find to support your answer?

Pray 

Holy Spirit, I have my own expectations about what I should and should not do. I now surrender to You my ideas, my limitations, my preferences, and my goals. Fill me, Holy Spirit, with all Your supernatural gifts! Empower me to accept and grow in the supernatural life as much as the early disciples did. I want to be useful to You. I want to go where You lead me. Holy Spirit, send me forth gifted and empowered to make a difference spreading the Good News of God’s forgiving love. Come, Holy Spirit; renew me. In Jesus’ name, Amen!

No comments: