Tuesday, February 5, 2019

God Thoughts February 5th

God Thoughts February 5

Memorize: I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. Philemon 4,5

Read  Acts 19:23-31 

Verse 23 refers to “The Way” those who followed the way of 

Christ disciples of Jesus.  What a reminder that following Christ 

is not about me getting my way-but working to establish 

His Kingdom.  Verse 26 is a reminder that little "gods" made by 

human hands are not the One True God.  His "way" will prevail!

Paul's day is interrupted by an unplanned riot in Ephesus, his 

response was to attempt to walk into the violence and preach the 

Prince of Peace.  Gaius and Aristarchus, his partners were also 

seized.  The Way of Jesus is one of doing life in a community.

My Paul was a campus minister named Greg.  New to Christ I 

interrupted his world and turned it upside down in 1985.  We 

painted his house together, we studied scripture together and he 

has been an influence for Christ's way in my life for over 30 

years.  God's ways are often unplanned interruptions.

Yesterday, in the middle of writing my devotion;  my phone rang 

with a number, I did not recognize.  I groaned mightily inwardly, 

"Do you ever do that?"  When the number rang a second time, I 

called back fearful it was an emergency,  I called back.   And 

found it was God's "way" of renewing old Koinonia with my friend 

Greg.

To walk in the "way" of Christ we have to treat the riots and 

interruptions the same as opportunities to bring Jesus, to this 

distracted world.


Prayer:  Father; praise to Creator of the world, whose ways are always good.  Jesus, praise to the Way, who lived the way perfectly and gave us a way to follow.  Holy Spirit, nudge us along the way until we are able to use all our moments for His glory. Amen

No comments: