Thursday, January 10, 2019

God Thoughts January 10th

God Thought January 10th

Last night at Bible Study, we studied the following passage; 

 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’

“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 

‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to 

appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have 

seen and will see of me. 17 I will rescue you from your own 

people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them 18 to 

open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and 

from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive 

forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are 

sanctified by faith in me.’"

I began to preach at the study that this was not only meant for 

Paul, it is the purpose of every Christian.  It is the reason why 

the church exists.

When I get home, I went to shut up my chickens, and a fox had 

gotten in and had killed all ten chickens.  I was upset!  And mumbling'

"why had I been sent to live in this wretched place where I can 

not grow a garden or keep chickens alive."

Then, I clearly heard from the Holy Spirit, "you are upset about 

chickens? Are you upset that millions still are living in 

darkness?  Or the millions who will spend eternity without 

Christ?  "

I felt like the Prophet Jonah, who was upset over God's 

compassion for the people of Ninevah.  We will never find Paul's 

zeal to open peoples eyes to the light, while we cling to the 

chickens of this world?  We will play at discipleship, as long as 

the Power of God and Satan, are abstract and etherial-when we 

see people being destroyed by evil, is when we begin to fight with 

the frenzied passion of Paul!


Father,  open my eyes to the eternal struggle between darkness and light.  Strip away all my earthly toys, so I am free to go to others and share your love.  Amen

No comments: