Saturday, July 25, 2015

COAL

Snippet

"The law tells me how crooked I am. Grace comes along and straightens me out."― Billy Sunday

Scripture

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13,14 NIV

Song
I'm just an old chunk of coal John Anderson
https://youtu.be/PlkE2Le_RFg

Hey I'm just an old chunk of coal but I'm gonna 
be a diamond some day
I'm gonna grow and glow till I'm so blue pure perfect
I'm gonna put a smile on everybody's face
I'm gonna kneel and pray every day last I should become 
vain along the way
I'm just an old chunk of coal now Lord but I'm gonna 
be a diamond some day
I'm gonna learn the best way to walk gonna search and 
find a better way to talk
I'm gonna spit and polish my old rough edged self till I 
get rid of every single flaw
I'm gonna be the world's best friend gonna go round 
shaking everybody's hand
I'm gonna be the cotton pickin' rage of the age I'm gonna 
be a diamond some day
[ guitar - fiddle - dobro - piano ]
Now I'm just an old chunk of coal...

Sentence Prayer

God of our salvation,
You straighten the winding ways of our hearts
and smooth the paths made rough by sin.
Make  our conduct blameless,
keep our hearts watchful in holiness,
and bring to perfection the good you have begun in us.
We ask this through him whose coming is certain,
Whose day draws near:
your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the 
Holy spirit, God forever and Ever.


Opening Prayers: Collects in Contemporary Language ; Scripture-related Prayers for Sundays and Holy Days, Years A, B & C. Norwich: Canterbury Press, 2001. pg 5

No comments: