Sunday, October 19, 2014

ONE THING

Snippet
Happiness is a place between too little and too much  
Finish Proverb Snippet
Scripture
I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived 
your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had 
no opportunity to show it.[h] 11 Not that I am referring to being 
in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. 
12 I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have 
plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of 
being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being 
in need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me. 
14 In any case, it was kind of you to share my distress. 
Philippians 4:10-14
Song
One thing Rich Mullins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-84FX_-c8
Everybody I know says they need just one thing 
And what they really mean is that they
need just one thing more 
And everybody seems to think 
They've got it coming 
Well I know that I don't deserve You 
Still I want to love and serve You 
More and more 
You're my one thing
Save me from those things 
That might distract me 
Please take them away and purify my heart 
I don't want to lose the eternal for 
The things that are passing 
'Cause what will I have when the world is gone 
If it isn't for the love that goes on and on with
CHORUS: 
My one thing, You're my one thing 
And the pure in heart shall see God 
You're my one thing 
You're my one thing 
And the pure in heart shall see God
Who have I in Heaven but You Jesus 
And what better could I hope 
To find down here on earth 
I could cross the most distant reaches 
Of this world, but I'd just be wasting my time 
'Cause I'm certain already, I'm sure 
I'd find You're
CHORUS
Every night and every day 
You hold on tight 
Or you drift away 
And you're left to live 
With the choices you make 
Oh Lord please give me the strength 
To watch and work and love and sing and pray
'Cause who have I in Heaven but You Jesus? 
And what better could I hope 
To find down here on earth? 
Well I could cross the most distant reaches 
Of this world, but I'd just be wasting my time 
'Cause I'm certain already I'm sure I'd find
You're my one thing (one thing) 
You're my one thing (one thing) 
And the pure in heart shall see God
Sentence Prayer
Lord, help us not to conform to the patterns of this world but to 
be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  Give us a new 
imagination to that we might live in ways that do not compute to 
the logic of materialism and militarism.  Make un into holy 
nonconformists so that we might see the kingdoms of this world 
transformed into your glorious kingdom.  Amen  (Common Prayer 

a  Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals 2010 Zondervan pg 421)

No comments: