Saturday, April 19, 2014

RESURRECTION SUNDAY

Snippet

“Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.”  -- Martin Luther

Scripture

You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. -- Acts 3:15

Song
Was it a Morning Like This
by Sandi Patty
http://youtu.be/eb1ayV5sTtM

Was it a morning like this
When the Son still hid from Jerusalem?
And Mary rose from her bed
To tend the Lord She thought was dead
What is a morning like this,
When Mary walked down from Jerusalem?
And two angels stood at the tomb,
Bearers of news she would hear soon.
Did the grass sing?
Did the earth rejoice
To feel you again?
Over and over like a
Trumpet underground,
Did the earth seem to pound:
"He is risen"
over and over
in a never ending round
"He is risen, alleluia, alleluia!"
Was it an morning like this,
When Peter and John from Jerusalem?
And as they raced for the tomb,
Beneath their feet was there a tune?
Was it a morning like this,
When my Lord looked out
On Jerusalem?
He is risen, alleluia, alleluia.

Sentence Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son to earth as a baby so many years ago.  Thank you that He paid the punishment for my sins by dying on the cross.  And thank you that He rose again to prove that death was truly defeated. I place my trust in You to be my Savior. Guide me through the dark times of my life Christmas prayer and give me courage to live for You.  Amen 
Max Lucado


No comments: