Tuesday, December 17, 2013

ROOTS

Snippet

"I don't want a Christmas you can buy.
I don't want a Christmas you can make.
What I want is a Christmas you can hold.
A Christmas that holds me,
remakes me, revives me.
I want a Christmas that whispers, Jesus."
--Ann Voskamp

Scripture

And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21 NKJV

Song
The Charlie Daniels Band - Christmas Time Down South (feat. Aaron Tippin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBeu9jmU_t8

I was born in an old farmhouse way out on the rural route  When I turned eighteen I 
moved out; on my own I've traveled here and I've traveled there, guess I've been 'most everywhere, but  Bet your boots that once a year I'll be headed home. Chorus 1  When it's Christmas time in Dixie The family gets to-ge-ther a-round the Christmas tree  When it's Christmas time in Dixie That's where I want to be. Verse 2 I saved up my hard-earned pay. I bought a ticket yesterday And I called my Mama just to say, I'll soon be comin' home But I'm stuck here in Denver town and that old snow keeps comin' down Airplanes sittin' on the ground; this ain't where I belong Chorus 2 'Cause it's Christmas time in Dixie Two thousand miles away from home ain't where I want to be Yes it's Christmas time in Dixie And the only thing that's missin' is me.  All that's moving in this town's thembig ol' diesel trucks  So I made it to the interstate and I stuck out my thumb Verse 3 I caught a ride to Omaha and then on down to Wichita But he turned south toward Salisaw; that's where I got off. Rode that old grey dog a while and I may not've arrived in style But I'd have covered every mile, if I'd had to walk Chorus 1 Tag  When it's Christmas time in Dixie, that's where I'm gonna be.

Sentence Prayer

Father
Thank you for the roots
You have blessed me with

Amen

No comments: