Monday, March 25, 2013

ENVY


Snippet

The Bible and several other self help or enlightenment books cite the Seven Deadly Sins. They are: pride, greed, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony. That pretty much covers everything that we do, that is sinful... or fun for that matter. Dave Mustaine

Scripture

Then Jesus went into a house to get away from the crowd, and his disciples asked him what he meant by the parable he had just used. 18 “Don’t you understand either?” he asked. “Can’t you see that the food you put into your body cannot defile you? 19 Food doesn’t go into your heart, but only passes through the stomach and then goes into the sewer.” (By saying this, he declared that every kind of food is acceptable in God’s eyes.)

20 And then he added, “It is what comes from inside that defiles you. 21 For from within, out of a person’s heart, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, lustful desires, envy, slander, pride, and foolishness. 23 All these vile things come from within; they are what defile you.”  Mark 7:17-23 NLT

Song
Both of us  BOB Featuring Taylor Swift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sa9qeV6T0o

[Chorus: Taylor Swift]
I wish I was strong enough to lift not one but both of us
Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us
[B.o.B:]
Uh, ever thought about losing it
When your money's all gone and you lose your whip
You might lose your grip when the landlord tell ya that you're due for rent
And the grass so green on the other side
Make a nigga wanna run straight through the fence
Open up the fridge 'bout twenty times
But still can't find no food in it
That's foolishness
And sometimes I wonder, why we care so much about the way we look.
And the way we talk and the way we act and the clothes we bought, how much that cost.
Does it even really matter?
Cause if life is an up hill battle
We all tryna climb with the same ol' ladder
In the same boat, with the same ol' paddle
Why so shallow? I'm just asking
What's the pattern to the madness
Everybody ain't a number one draft pick
Most of us ain't Hollywood actors

But if it's all for one, and one for all
Then maybe one day, we all can ball
Do it one time for the underdogs
Sincerely yours, from one of y'all

[Chorus: Taylor Swift]
I wish I was strong enough to lift not one but both of us
Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us

[B.o.B:]
I can feel your pain, I can feel your trouble
You just wanna live, but everything so low
That you could drown in a puddle
That's why I gotta hold us up, yeah hold us up
For all the times no one's ever spoke for us
To every single time that they play this song
You can say that that's what Bobby Ray wrote for us
When the tides get too high
And the sea up underneath get so deep
And you feel like you're just another person
Getting lost in the crowd, way up high in the nosebleeds
Uh, because we've both been there, yeah, both of us
But we still stand tall with our shoulders up
And even though we always against the odds
These are the things that've molded us
And if life hadn't chosen us
Sometimes I wonder where I would've wound up
Cause if it was up to me, I'd make a new blueprint
Than build it from the ground up, hey
But if it's all for one, and one for all
Then maybe one day, we all can ball
Do it one time for the underdogs
From Bobby Ray, to all of y'all
[Chorus: Taylor Swift]
I wish I was strong enough to lift not one but both of us
Someday I will be strong enough to lift not one but both of us
Oh, oh [4x]

Sentence Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father,
There is so much I have to be thankful for.  I live in a great country with so many options at my disposal, yet I still compare myself to others.  I see what I have and what others seem to be enjoying and I never really seem to be satisfied.
Lord, this attitude is really preventing me from enjoying my life.  There never seems to be a day when I feel good, happy and fulfilled.
I am coming to you because life is quickly passing me by, the years are moving so fast.  I realize that things have not changed because I have not changed my thinking.
This mentality will continue to hold me back from being the kind of friend, wife, sister or daughter that you have designed me to be.  The whole world does not revolve around me, yet for some reason I feel like I have become a victim of my circumstances.
Where does this root of bitterness and envy come from?  Show me so I can stop this attitude from eating away at the happiness you have created me for.  In the name of Jesus, I bind the demonic powers of envy, jealousy, greed, selfishness, self-centeredness, bitterness, manipulation, selfish ambition, idolatry, hatered, discord, dissentsions, fits of rage, denial, debauchery, entitlement and hostility towards others who have been blessed to the spirit of balak and the spirit of rebellion, baal.
Lord, open my eyes to see the blessings you have given me.  Help me to develop those gifts, people and talents you have given me stewardship over.  Help me to invest my time and efforts in the attitudes and mind-sets that will elevate my mood, my family and my reputation.
I am choosing to turn away from being a jealous person, a competitive friend, an unsupportive sister and a selfish wife and daughter.  My attitude and my way of embracing life are up to ME.
I chose to fashion my existence around the word of God.  Anything below that is not the standard that will bring me a good life and a happy home.
Lord, hold my hand as you lead to through this new way of thinking.  I will never have a perfect life until I get to heaven, so I need to stop expecting that false idea from myself, my family and my circumstances.  I am not “buying” into the lie of perfectionism anymore.  This is the mind-set that has brought me pain and torn apart any relationships that were “less than perfect”.
Lord, thank you for the new appreciation I will have.  I trust that you will show me all that I need to know to embrace all the good you have brought to me.
In Jesus’ precious name, thank you.  Amen.”

(http://www.shalombewithyou.com/prayer/attitude-adjustments/prayer-against-envy-and-jealousy/ Written by Julia Shalom Jordan. Posted in Attitude Adjustments)



No comments: