Wednesday, August 14, 2013

BOTTLE OR BIBLE?

Snippet

“First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you.”― F. Scott Fitzgerald

Scripture

Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit Ephesians 5:18

Song
Bottle & My Bible Highway 55

Should I call on the Angels, should I call on Jim Beam
Whatever they can do, to get me through, don’t matter much to me
Well I’m not surprised she left me, but it hurts to see her gone
I guess our love, wasn’t strong enough, to right all her wrongs
So do I lean on the lesson from Sunday School
Or unscrew this top and drink away these blues
Every man I know comes to this place
Where it seems so hard to stand and turn the page
I’ve played the fool before in this ole’ game
But somehow losing her just ain’t the same
It’s a matter of salvation and survival
When I reach for a bottle and my Bible
When you feel the rock of ages, has landed square on you
Take the peace you find, within your mind, whether Psalms or 90 proof
In one hand is a victory, in the other I know I’ll lose
But when you want to hurt, even the Written Words, can make it hard to choose,
The Good Book says my soul’s already bought
So tonight can I drink away these thoughts
Every man I know comes to this place
Surrounded by a hell painted with an angel’s face
I don’t want to play the fool in this ole’ game
So tonight I’ll let the whiskey numb the pain
I know its wrong and I’m not standing in denial
But tonight I’ll need a bottle and my Bible
Tomorrow I’ll get up and leave this place
And I’ll lean upon His promise and His grace
But tonight I just can’t stand to feel the pain
So I’ll float this whiskey river far away
And in the morning I’ll pray God for my revival
But tonight I need a bottle and my Bible
Yeah, tonight I’ll need a bottle and my Bible

Sentence Prayer

Holy Spirit
May I not be inebriated with spirits that
Lead me to walk away from the Kingdom of God
Instead may I be drunk on Your presence
Being led to submit to the building of God’s

Kingdom in my heart Amen

No comments: